Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Watercolor



I attempted to do watercolor for the first time in a couple of years, and I think it actually turned out pretty well. It wasn't traditional watercolor, though. This piece is an ink contour with watercolor splashed onto the paper, loosely following the colors of the picture. I put together two pictures: one of an owl in a nest and one of a cactus in the desert. Luckily, the light was coming from the same side in both pictures, so it wasn't hard to manipulate. I used different greens, yellows, blues, and lots of water to create a certain look. The colors surrounding the owl are mostly cool colors, and the then used oranges and reds to make the owl more interesting and to make it the center of interest. This piece turned out well, being the first time I had done watercolor and ink.

No comments:

Post a Comment