Friday, April 20, 2012

Contour Drawing



For this next piece, I decided to do a contour drawing of my friend, Lauren, as she worked on one of her pieces. I decided to do a contour drawing because I thought I needed to brush up on my drawing skills, and this was the thing to help me do just that. Since a contour drawing is a drawing of all visible edges and no shading, this proved to be frustrating for me, and although it took some time, I think I conquered it. Lauren was working on her art project while I was drawing her, so the movement of her hands proved particularly challenging for me. Getting the shape and proportion of her hands, as well as the rest of her body, was difficult. Completing this piece was satisfying, however, because it forced me to examine what I was drawing and helped me improve my drawing skills.

No comments:

Post a Comment